It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:22 am 

Timed correctly, this wine can be acquired for £14.99 less £2 less 25% for any 6 bottles in one transaction.

So we have a light burgundy for less than £10. This is a pale burgundy, and already clearing to a light garnet. Very attractive in the glass.

On 1st opening the wine is light wild cherry, with quite high acidity and rather bright. During the evening the wine builds well, and becomes more savoury, and much fuller in the mouth. The next day, the wine is better, but the fruit is not ready yet, so whilst the build is good, the primary PN flavour is still rather awkward / backward. The oak, 12% new is quite subtle, and that savoury dimension to the light cherry, only becomes more assertive when the wines has been well stired and swirled.

It is 2009, so should turn out well with more time. The drinking window will be quite narrow though. With this we are looking for the fruit to evolve to a ripe raspberry with a dark cherry core, and hopefully some forest floor. It is more Fixin than fancy Nuits, so no perfume, but on the 3rd day, and a glass in the bottom of the bottle and then swirled again, the wine begins to release the classic nose that is sought from Cote d'Or pinot noir.

Not ready, but fine on Boxing day if sploshed into a carafe when you get up, and then taken with cold meats for lunch.

I will re-visit this next year, and report back

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:53 am 

cheers ffor the write up Dunc
As you know, this is of great interest to me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:25 pm 

So.... you're not going to open your first bottle of this, in your pyjamas then ?

:wink:

Being sensible - Wot ! You ought to get your laughing gear around this one, before 3 months has passed - Just in case

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:30 pm 

Note for Shezza:

This Louis Max '09 villages is drinking very nicely. An absolute bargain in the 2011 Xmas offers.

The wine has put on a little palate weight. It is still light and very charming of course.
There is a touch of forest floor, the cherry / raspberry flavour is richer, and the acidity is properly married to the whole. Lightly fragrant, very light oak - so perfect for a light supper or week-end lunch in the sunshine. Yum.

Ready, but no hurry at all. Will certainly acquire more of what you want with more time, not too much though. I'm leaving the other 3 I have in the cellar for another year.

Where are the burgundy rouge deals in the supermarkets today, this Spring or Summer even ?
If you see anything that I'd fancy - please say something.

Cheers
05/08/2013