It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:47 am 

Back to the Carmenere...

Not at all oaky now.
Smooth, rich, masses of blackcurrant with soft tannins
More a drinker than a keeper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:06 pm 

It shows that the oak was measured correctly for early drinking - they want to move their wines in the market. So that is a proper skill for the Yali team to have achieved.

Sounds nice. The oak will peep out again when that blackcurrant stops over flowing :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm 

Now on offer at Tesco.

Free delivery this week, also had a £5 discount voucher, just ordered x6 at £4.16 including delivery.

Im looking forward to sipping this on those cold winter nights sitting next to the woodburner, I can imagine its port-like qualities.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:31 pm 

I mentioned to dunc I had seen the Chardonnay discounted in store over the weekend but they didn't stock Carmenere so wasn't sure whether it'd be discounted
It will be interesting to see if we get 2008. Have seen 2010 in store previously

I've just ordered some too

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:03 pm 

Cheers GK,
Thanks the link, t'was very handy.

I've taken half a dozen, which will be delivered after 7:00am on Wednesday. Also GK, thanks for the FOC delivery advice - I didn't know it was free this week :oops:

Excellent glugging - keeps for up to 7 years !

Just ordered another one - there are a few folks who would like a bottle of this when I see them nearer Christmas. Good

Last edited by Duncan on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 pm 

Do you think it has 7 years in it dunc?
I was debating about buying 12 but opted for 6 as I didn't think it have more than a couple of years before it fades

Great bargain all the same. Mine is arriving Friday night which might be too late to get any more if it turns out to have more longevity than I recall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:17 pm 

Just ordered another Box Shezz. As I know this is a quick, and will be an appreciated gift. Just wrap some father christmas paper around it, a bit of cellotape and a felt tip pen to Label it. Job done :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 pm 

Do you think it has 7 years in it dunc?

From now Shezz, I'd say 3 or so years if it is the 2008 vintage. Lets say - up to 6 years from release in 2009, May be up to 9 years from release if storage conditions are very cool in the Summer. Tricky, but there is just enough oak, if I remember, and Mel said it tasted fresh. So....

I dont think at the price ! The wine is going to be in my cellar that long. A very reliable fall back and infill jobbie - dont you think ?

I cant remember the structure that well. It it falls over in 2016, you take the wine back :wink: I've taken a copy of the Tesco wine facts, and pasted them on to a Word document :wink:

Last edited by Duncan on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 pm 

Yeah, u think this gets drunk over the next couple of years but would be interested to keep a couple to see how they go further down the line

At a fiver I'm thinking I should have got more as this makes for a great weekly drinker
Don't want to be kicking myself like I did for only getting 6 bin 28s

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm 

Shezza wrote:
Yeah, u think this gets drunk over the next couple of years but would be interested to keep a couple to see how they go further down the line

At a fiver I'm thinking I should have got more as this makes for a great weekly drinker
Don't want to be kicking myself like I did for only getting 6 bin 28s

Exactly - couldn't of said it better myself.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 pm 

Shezza wrote:
I mentioned to dunc I had seen the Chardonnay discounted in store over the weekend but they didn't stock Carmenere so wasn't sure whether it'd be discounted
It will be interesting to see if we get 2008. Have seen 2010 in store previously

I've just ordered some too

Shez & GK, I got the 2008 with the lead & **cork stopper, very pleased to get the mature wine, I can properly see what has transpired. I predict more dimension, perhaps a drop of elegance !

It's a **generation thing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 pm 

Nice one Dunc
Good to hear you got the 2008. Fingers crossed for the same on my order too as I'd like the more mature wine
I still have one left from when it used to be on the shelf at my Sainsburys
I also picked up 2 bottles of 2010 for £6 each in Tescos store the other day to make most of the offer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:21 pm 

Of the 2008,

Still a blackcurrant & blackberry fruit bomb. As for development - the vanilla is tad more defined now.

The wine has the appearance of a 4 year old Morgon, a bit less purple, attractive and bright.

£4.99 delivered - A proper bargain in my book. A friendly wine.

Laying down ! 7 years claimed from release takes this to early 2016 - Actually, I dont think so. Fine for now and 2 more years in goodish conditions. But you can't predict so well with these bargain New World wines. A cellaring experiment with this is not going to hurt you. One a week takes me to mid February 2013.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:13 am 

Mine should be with me this evening.

I opened a bottle of the Terrazas Selection Malbec '08 last night, flippin delicious, so sweet and lush at first and then finishing long and dry with dried prunes and fruit cake lingering, super stuff. Looking forward to round two tonight, I think it would make a decent xmas day red.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:26 am 

mine arriving tonight too

Have found I've gone off Malbec now. maybe overkill from the days of going to Gaucho grills
Think is the violets and it seeming too fruit forward for my palate... not my bag

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next