All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Lidl wines
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:15 am 

I enjoyed the 2004 Lanessan earlier this year

Post subject: Re: New Lidl wines
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:52 pm 

Shezza wrote:
I enjoyed the 2004 Lanessan earlier this year

Good old Lanessan, fortunately we have Shez here to qualify this 2004 haut medoc as a sleeper. Some Professionals caned the vintage on release, and then - about 6 years or so after release, quite a few Profs said it was a sleeper, and was coming out of its rebarbative shell (my words for amusement here) :wink: Cheers for that Shez. Knowing you, you picked up the Lanessan for a song. Also, we know that bottle variance and storage changes loads of things at CB level.

If you have a mo to look through the Latest full list of Majestic clarets, about ten pages and a very comprehensive list it is, you'll see IT howlers all over the place, as they have tried to pull professional Bordeaux reviews from Wine searcher and Decanter etcetera, and then align them to their stock holding. . The amusement gets a little more serious as you progress through the expensive end of their gallery. Look through the St Estephe, and one such 'cut and paste' howler, says that a 2003 St Estephe is a 'legitimate' sleeper :roll: Ch. de Pez 2000 has Parker's review of Chateau Brown attached. Another one talks about 2004 Sauterne in a Half bottle ! of 75cl, when the wine for sale is a Ch.Climens 1989 in the window. Whether botrytis (noble rot) in 89 was similar to '04 - you'd have to study those reports. I'm sure they may be correcting them now. . . . . . . .

Well for me, I found '03 St Estephe the most approachable full-on 'sweet' vintage, more so than the '89 during my entire wine loving adult life.