It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am 

On offer (-25%). Never heard of Greco, but this combo is magic. Back for some more at offer price,

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:17 pm 

13% - 75 cl

Dry White

GRAPES Fiano, Greco, Falanghina

AGING: Approximately 20% of wine in French barriques for 45 days.

VINEYARD AREAS: The Fianco, Greco and Falanghina grapes are selected from low-yielding vineyards in the province of Avellino, in the region of Campania in central Italy. The vineyards are all trained using the Guyot method.

HARVEST: The grapes are carefully picked by hand at different times between late September and early October.

VINIFICATION: The three grape varieties are vinified separately using the same technique. The grapes are de-stemmed and delicately pressed. The must is then chilled to 12°C and left to rest for approximately 18 hours. 80% of each variety is then placed in separate stainless steel tanks for fermentation, which is carried out using selected yeasts at a controlled temperature of 18°C. Following the fermentation the three varieties are blended together and left to rest on their lees. The remaining 20% of each variety is fermented and aged for approximately 45 days in new French barriques. In early December the barrique-fermented and aged wine is blended in with the rest of the wine and the final biend is made. Rich tropical fruit and vanilla aromas. On the palate it is subtle and soft, with a perfect balance of fruit flavors and citrus acidity.
IDEAL WITH: Triade is perfect on its own or excellent to accompany white meats, fish and pasta with white sauces.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:31 am 

Rec'd on Sat Kitch (at full price) to go with Mackeral fillets and BLT salad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:49 pm 

Recommended.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 pm 

Yes, on the 25% discount for Six wines at WR and Ocado at the mo

Cupbearer likes this wine, I have found her TN's, and in particular, her palate for classic french wines on Waitrose to be very reliable, she ought to come here and post.

I nearly bought this TRIADE online myself yesterday, but will pick one up in the shops.

Smoked Macheral fillets on toasted HM bread are wonderful :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:56 pm 

Pity...the '12 doesn't seem to be up to these memories. It's OK, and still good value, but a bit of a disappointment. Rose-tinted specs perhaps ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:30 pm 

Sorry, you were supposed to be buying the 2010 vintage. :( The latest TN today, says the finish is strange and a bit fishy ! Dont buy the wine on a different vintage unless some other mug has tried it first. Easy to say.

I checked WR Sancerre stock today, '11s and the dreaded 12's here and there. Went all through the wine racks - as well. Classy / classic wine at my store is all in the wooden racking, a central area like a trendy kitchen. No 10's of anything Loire....none. There is a new chennin wine for £13.99 or was it £12.99 full retail. I regret it is a 'no big deal'. Just dry Chennin with lively acidity, perfectly good but the starting price is too strong.

The good St Emilion is on the 2009 in store now, with a starting price of £5 more than the Ocado online price on Sunday, which was on the vintage '07. These WR stores are getting a wee bit smarter.

I went to majestic and bought more of the VMWR '12 MSB for laying down, 18 months.

Domaine St Ferréol ViognIer '10 is drinking better now. This wine takes quite a while to knit together properly, the oak now is integrating better, probably best next year or so, by which time, that annoying sherbet-lemon sweety note will have subsided. The 10's are all gone, so that is that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:26 am 

Drat, hadn't read any recent notes. Both the stores that I tried were all '12s.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:28 pm 

Heh ! Heh ! It's come good.
This is the '12 and I kept one for Ron. Brilliant, just as good as I remember previous vintage(s). Complex, smokey/spicey and a bit off-centre and I love it now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:14 pm 

2013 now and reduced from £9 to £6.69.

Still complicated, still a good drop, still good value. Still the only wine to have 4 recs on Saturday kitchen !